The Washington State Chronicles

The Incredible Adventures of Karen C.

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd check in and let you guys know how I've been doing. March definitely went out with a bang, Rampart Ridge was absolutely amazing, and the weather has been super crazy -- especially over the last few weeks. Heavy wind, rain, and hail storms have battered the west coast here in Washington, altogether hindering any chance of hitting those trails. Mt. Rainier has seen some equally harsh weather, only in the form of snow. The snow level is all the way down to 2,000 feet as of today. More bad weather is headed our way, I'm afriad. Here's a look at the nasty stuff sitting off the coast near Friday Harbor up in the San Juan Islands:


I'm shivering in my hiking boots just looking at the bitter cold scene depicted in the Tatoosh Range webcam up at Mt. Rainier:


Hopefully things will start to warm up a bit more in April and I can get outdoors a little more. Here's prayin'!

Not only have we been having some nasty weather, but I've also been feeling under the weather as well. My heart has been acting up funny, which I've never had happen before. It seems to be beating really fast and then fluttering, so my mom (a retired intensive care nurse of over 30 years) suggested I cut out the caffeine in my diet for about a week.

Uh-oh. Karen with no coffee?! This can't be good...

I've been positively dieing without my morning coffee (or my Starbucks for that matter), and for the first few days I had a major headache. Not fun. In fact, I was having such withdrawls that I had to go out and buy some decaf coffee just so I could have that fresh coffee "taste" in the morning! I'm such a weakling, I know. Ha-ha! But, I'm happy to report that my heart has started to slow down a bit, and I'm feeling much better. Guess it really was just all that freakin' caffeine.

Not much else to report other than that. Say a little prayer that we start having clearer skies (and a few good days off from work ;) ) so my friends and I can get out and about again. Until the next big adventure...stay safe out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment