The Washington State Chronicles

The Incredible Adventures of Karen C.

So, I went on a quest today...

...a quest of epic proportions, to find a fax machine. See, I'm moving back up to my home state of Washington in a little over 6 weeks, and I'm having my car shipped up there so I don't have to drive it cross country and thus saving me money (since I already have non-refundable flight tickets). Loooooooooong story, will save that for later. Anyway, so I finally get the car company booked to ship my car and they need me to print, sign, and fax the contract/order form back to them. Great. I don't have a printer or a fax machine. >.<

Now, what you have to understand is that up in Washington (at least around the area where I live) you can literally go down the street and there are many options for finding a fax machine. You have...internet cafes, Postnet, Kinko's, the library...
But out here in BFT (Bum F*ck Tennessee) you have nothing. At least not that I could find anyway. Not even my WORK has a fax machine. Seriously? What year is it? COME ON people!

Oh, but it gets better. Not only did I not find a fax machine, but I stumbled across a wide variety of unusual businesses that I was not aware of during my search. I passed "KC's Flameball Music Store" (no seriously, that's what the sign said), which apparently is a music-type store ran out of this guy's house. I also passed a real life operating psychic establishment, about a gazillion different auto repair shops, bait and tackle shops, and well over ten abandoned business sites that evidently just didn't "pan out." Who knew that all this stuff could come out of a town called "Soddy Daisy?" I mean, all jokes aside, I can pass a psychic shop and "KC's Flameball Music Store" but no fax machines???

I'm ready to go home and get back to civilization already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment