The Washington State Chronicles

The Incredible Adventures of Karen C.

Hey gang!

I just thought I'd write real quick to let you all know that I haven't fallen off the face of the planet -- yet. :) The weather has been super nasty lately with a lot of rain, so I haven't been able to get out much. I've taken a few leisurely strolls through Bradley Lake Park, and Clark's Creek with my mom and dad, but no major hiking excursions to report this time. I did, however, get a taste for the first mile of Swan Creek a few weeks back when my mom and I decided to just "check it out." I can't wait to blast my way through the whole thing.

New backpacking/hiking boots arrived in the mail the other day -- an early birthday present, courtesy of my mom. My Uggs are perfect for trekking in the cold winter weather, but I definitely needed something a bit less warm for summer. The last two days have been spent breaking in my new Scarpa SL M3's.


Hmmm...do these look familiar?

:)

Anyway, they're definitely going to need some serious breaking in time. They're pretty stiff, but thankfully I have all winter, and all spring to wear them down in.

This next week the weather is supposed to be pretty decent, so we'll see. Pray that I'm able to get some nice weather up here in the Northwest to get out and about in. I'm starting to get cabin fever over here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment