The Washington State Chronicles

The Incredible Adventures of Karen C.

Well, I have quite a bit of time on my hands over this next week -- due to a very drastic lull in business at work. However, my spirits are high, and I'm greatly looking forward to the amount of time I have off in conjunction with the fair forecast that's been predicted for the next few days. Although fairly rainy today, I'm hoping the clouds will wring out their stores this evening and into the night to produce the sunny skies reported for tomorrow. If that's the case, another trip up to Mt. Rainier is in order with my mom for a quick hike up the Kautz Creek Trail. While I won't be going all the way up to Indian Henry's Hunting Ground (I'll save that for a later date and more preferred, summer weather) it'll still be a good 2.0 mile trek up to the Kautz Creek Glacial Outburst Flood site and back. I finally bought my resevior for my pack, and this will give me a good excuse to test it out.

Trying desperately to prepare myself for the amount of hiking I plan on doing this summer, I've added yoga to my routine to try and build up strength, while lengthening and stretching out my muscles. Doing Moon Salutations in the evening before bed has proven to be a great way for me to relieve stress, and prepare my body for sleep and rest. I'm going to try to incorporate Sun Salutations in the morning to aid me in laying the ground work for the day, and finish off of course with de-stressing Moon's at night. Still, I wish it wasn't so rainy so I could get out and jog a few times a week, but that's the Pacific Northwest for ya.

I'll report back tomorrow, hopefully with footage and photographs of a sunny day up at Mt. Rainier. Until next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment